Anti-inflammatory Food Guide
- Fish e.g.. Salmon(organic), Tuna, Mackerel, Sardines
- Fruit eg. Berries & Apples. Blueberries are particularly good
- Leafy Greens e.g.. Kale,Rocket, Spinach
- Cruciferous vegetables: Broccoli(steamed/roasted), Cauliflower, brussel sprouts
- Asparagus, Leeks, Butternut Squash
- Cucumber, Garlic, Parsley, Peppers, Carrots,
- Tomatoes, Red peppers, onions are all great antioxidants
- Green Tea (w/Matcha is excellent)
- Cook with Olive oil/ Coconut oil/Canola oil- NOT VEGETABLE OIL
- Nuts- eg.Almonds
- Seeds-(Chia seeds & Flaxseeds are excellent)
This process protects your DNA, brain & gut from inflammation:
- All Sulphur rich vegetables e.g.. Cauliflower, Brussel sprouts & Broccoli
- Bone broth contains the amino acids required to heal a gut lining so extremely
- Important for any inflammatory condition.
- Gluten – The protein found in Wheat, Barley & Rye. Oats are fine. Even if you’re not Coeliac it is an inflammatory substance.
- Processed foods
- Fried foods
- Red meat-Does’t need to be totally avoided but cut it down to 1/2 times a week
- Dairy products – Substitute with almond/coconut/oat milk in your porridge
- The most toxic meats are :Pork, shellfish and farmed fish(mercury). Choose organic or wild fish
- Mercury from fillings…. Debatable!
- Water-Chlorine, Fluoride – Use a filter
- Our food has changed, the way we live has changed, therefore our habits need to change. Supplementation is often required and can be the missing link in many ailments. Supplement advice is available on an individual basis by appointment.
Ok so after all of that info What Can You Eat?????
1) Avocado & Egg on toast(Gluten Free)…easy and full of good fats
2) Porridge(soaked overnight) with dairy free milk. Add in some Blueberries & chia seeds…and a little Manuka honey.
3) Spinach Smoothie – Recipe below*
4) Toast with Banana and Almond butter (get a big tub of almond butter as you’ll snack on this lots)
5) Pancakes- Follow ‘The Happy Pear’ video https://vimeo.com/253586396
*Spinach Smoothie recipe :
- 1Frozen Banana
- 200ml Cashew Nut milk
- 1 Large handful of spinach
- 2 Tsps Hemp seeds
- 1 Tsp of Almond butter
- 1 Tsp of Matcha powder
- 1 Medjool Date
Blend it all together in a food processor/Blender.
Remember the more colourful the food the better it is i.e.. Sweet potato (better than potato), beetroot, lentils, Broccoli etc. Eat the rainbow !
* * * * * * * * * *
Lunch 1: Organic salmon, Spinach salad with bell peppers, tomatoes, Sweet potato wedges, Farmed salmon has one of the highest contents of mercury so chose organic
Lunch 2: Roast chicken, roast butternut squash & peas
Lunch 3: Halibut, sweetcorn & baby potatoes
Lunch 4: Vegetable stir fry (buy veg pre-prepared) with brown rice/quinoa. Add in turmeric, ginger & garlic)
Lunch 5: Salmon, asparagus, pesto with sweet potato (place salmon on a bed of asparagus. Coat salmon with pesto, cover with tin foil and place in oven)
Lunch 6: Steak, roast carrot & parsnip, fried mushrooms, garlic & onion
Lunch 7: Chick pea curry or lentil curry/soup
* * * * * * * * * *
Tea 1: Sardine salad
Tea 2: Broccoli, tomato & feta salad with olive oil & balsamic
Tea 3: Mixed bean salad (tinned mixed beans), roasted veg & sun dried tomatoes.
Tea 4: Omelet – tomatoes, courgette, peppers, cheese